We are Kevin McDonnell and Michelle Frenette, proud owners of Bistro Pointe-Clarie. We are a local family that enjoys Pointe-Claire Village everyday, and we are very honoured to be the new owners of the Mitchell House, built in 1891 and located at the corner of Lakeshore Road and Cartier Avenue. We’ve renovated the house, including the addition of a brand new kitchen, while respecting the historical elements of the house.
We partnered with experienced professionals, including our chef, Kristijan Konjevic and childhood friend, Terry DiMonte to create the new Bistro. Our menu includes traditional Quebec comfort food as well as healthy options. All of our specialties are made in house -- everything from pirogies to sausages, fish cakes, doughnuts and ice creams. We also feature a seasonal menu and various events, such as an oyster shucking station in the fall, whiskey and wine tastings.
During our renovations and in our daily activities, we put the focus on encouraging local businesses as much as possible. Here are a few examples:
- Paintings: Artist David Kelavey from Viva Vida Art Gallery
- Tables, counters and beams: Antiquité du Village
- Architectural drawings: Gagnier Villeneuve Architectes
- Sound system: Resonance A/V
- Tree root in entrance: Reni Decors
- Soap in washrooms: Le Panier
- Metal boxes for handtowels: Dix Milles Villages
- Mirror in women's washroom: Revive Décor
We also support many local organizations, and all our employees are from the area.